Vegan rice pudding with orange syrup@Frederikkewaerens This is a wonderful vegan alternative to traditional Risalamande. It is made with porridge cooked in oat milk and Fazer Willja Oat Rice, and then folded together with cream, preferably Fazer Willja Oat for Whipping, which gives the dessert its perfect creamy texture. The Risalamande is served with a delicious orange syrup and a sprinkle of crispy oat rice roasted in acacia honey.
- 800ml oat milk
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100g almonds
- 200 g Fazer Willja Oat Rice
- 250ml freshly squeezed orange juice (from approx. 2 oranges)
- grated zest of ½ unwaxed orange
- 74g sugar
- 1½ vanilla sticks
Crispy oat rice for topping
- 50 g Fazer Willja Oat Rice
- 2 tsp acacia honey
- 1½ oranges cut into thin segments
- 400ml Fazer Willja Oat for Whipping
- Oatmeal porridge. Put the oat rice, oat milk and salt in a thick-bottomed saucepan. Split the vanilla pod and scrape out the vanilla seeds. Add the vanilla seeds and the split vanilla pod to the saucepan. Bring the mixture to the boil while stirring. Reduce the heat and cook the porridge for approx. 45 min. over a low heat - stir regularly so the porridge does not boil. Meanwhile, add boiling water to the almonds, blanch them, chop coarsely and set aside. Remember to set one whole almond aside. Remove the porridge from the heat when it is ready and stir in the chopped almonds. Immediately pour the porridge into a deep dish (leave the vanilla pod in the porridge) so that it can cool quickly. Cover the porridge with cling film and press down, refrigerate until completely cold, min. 3 hours or leave until the next day.
- Orange syrup. Put the ingredients in a small saucepan, heat while stirring and cook over a low heat for approx. 30 min, until the syrup thickens. Place in the fridge until the Risalamande is to be served.
- How to make Risalamande. Whip Fazer Willja Oat for Whipping to a light and soft cream. Stir the cold oat porridge through and remove the vanilla pod - be sure to scrape it completely clean so you get all the vanilla seeds. First, fold half of the cream into the porridge to soften it. Carefully fold in the rest of the cream (along with the whole almond), pour the Risalamande into serving glasses and place them in the fridge. Before serving, top the Risalamande with a few fresh orange segments, a little cold orange syrup and sprinkle with a little crispy oat rice. Serve with the rest of the accompaniments.