Vanilla-rhubarb oat porridge@englerod This delicious vanilla oat porridge is made from Fazer Willja Oat Rice! The porridge is served with strawberry-rhubarb jam, nuts and fresh berries. Try this nutritious recipe for breakfast!
- 1 dl Fazer Willja Oat Rice
- 3 dl Fazer Willja Oat Drink
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons strawberry-rhubarb jam
- 2 tablespoons unflavoured yoghurt (or Fazer Willja Spoonable Oat)
- 3-4 fresh strawberries
- a small handful of almonds
- 2-3 dried dates
(the recipe becomes a full glass)
- 250 g of rhubarb
- 250 g of frozen strawberries
- 1 dl of water
- 1 vanilla powder or 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- ½ dl sugar or syrup
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Pour the oat rice, milk, vanilla and salt into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Let it simmer over a medium heat for approx. 10 minutes. Turn off the heat, put the lid on the saucepan and let the porridge stand on the stove for another 10 minutes.
- Top your porridge with strawberry-rhubarb compote, yoghurt, fresh berries and finely chopped almonds and dates.
- You can make your strawberry-rhubarb compote in advance so it’s in the fridge ready for your morning porridge.
- Cut the rhubarb into slices and place them into a saucepan along with the frozen strawberries, water, vanilla and sugar. Bring to a boil and turn down to a medium-low heat. Allow to simmer for approx. 10 minutes until cooked into a delicious compote. Leave your compote to cool.
- Stir the chia seeds into the porridge when it has become lukewarm or cold. Pour your compote into a glass and place in the fridge when it has cooled completely. It can stay refrigerated for several weeks.