Pasta bakeYou don’t need to cook pasta separately for this herb flavored pasta bake. Just mix dry macaroni, ready-to-eat beans, vegetables, spices and Fazer Willja Oat for Cooking. Put the casserole dish to the oven and in half an hour the nourishing gently spiced meal is ready!
- 200 g cauliflower
- 400 g dry macaroni
- 1 can (about 200 g drained) ready-to-eat white or cannellini beans
- about 200 g dairy-free green pesto
- 5 dl vegetable broth (boiling water and one vegetable broth cube)
- 2 packages of Fazer Willja Oat for Cooking
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- generous ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Chop the cauliflower florets into tiny pieces.
- In a casserole dish, mix the dry macaroni, cauliflower pieces, beans, pesto, vegetable broth, Fazer Willja Oat for Cooking and all the spices. Mix well together and cook in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until all macaroni is cooked (but not too soft)
NOTE: The pasta bake works best with regular macaroni. With gluten-free macaroni made from example corn, the macaroni becomes too soft.
TIP! Serve with Fazer Willja Veggie Bites or Crispy Nuggets.