Fried rice salad with grilled peppers@juliebruunsblog This wonderfully filling salad has a base of fried oat rice, a filling of grilled peppers, fresh herbs, feta, pine nuts, and a sweet chilli dressing. This recipe is great for lunch even with Fazer Willja Veggie Bites or Crispy Nuggets. The salad is also suitable for the dinner table.
- 200ml Fazer Willja Oat Rice + 500ml water + 1 tsp salt
- 2 red peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions
- 2 tsp butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 handful of feta
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 1 handful of roasted pine nuts
- 50ml olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 3 cm of a fresh chilli
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Boil the oat rice in salted water for 13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dry roast the pine nuts in a pan and grill the peppers. Skin them and cut them to the desired size. Put a little oil in a grill pan and fry the peppers until they take on colour on both sides. Approx. 2-3 minutes on each side. Place both the pine nuts and grilled peppers to one side.
- Cut the onions and put these in the pan the pine nuts were in along with a little extra oil. Sweat for 1 minute until they start to soften, then add the butter and the cooked and drained rice. Stir for 5 minutes until the rice gets a bit of a crust. Add the eggs and stir everything for a few extra minutes.
- Place into a large bowl together with the grilled peppers.
- Crumble a little feta cheese over the top, add fresh herbs and top with the roasted pine nuts.
- Add the dressing to the bowl and serve.