Creamy oat curry@englerod This wonderfully creamy oat curry is served with Fazer Willja Oat Rice. The vegan stew with plenty of side dishes is completely vegan so it is suitable for many tastes. Try this tasty recipe for the weekend!
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- Approx. 2 tsp medium-strong curry powder
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 400 ml water
- 250ml cooking cream (e.g. oat-based) or coconut milk
- 240g boiled chickpeas (equivalent to a tin of drained chickpeas)
- 125g sugar snap peas
- Olive oil for frying
- freshly ground pepper
- 260ml Fazer Willja Oat Rice
- 200g frozen green peas
- 250g mushrooms
- 2-3 carrots
- 2-3 spring onions
- Finely chop the onion and the garlic. Heat a large pan and fry the onions for a few minutes without turning brown. Add the curry powder, vegetable stock cube and water. Bring the contents of the saucepan to the boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add the cooking cream, chickpeas and sugar snap peas, and bring the contents of the saucepan to the boil again. Turn down to a medium-low heat and simmer. Season with extra curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Prepare the accompaniments: Boil the oat rice in approx. 400ml of slightly salted water for approx. 13 minutes - cook according to the instructions on the package. Place the frozen peas into a bowl and pour boiling water over them. Cut the mushrooms into slices and fry in a pan. Cut the carrots into very fine slices, if necessary using a mandolin. Finely chop the spring onions, including the tops.
- Serve the curry pot and place all the delicious accompaniments in bowls next to it. That way, everyone can add their favourite toppings.
If you want meat for the dish, you can, for example, fry chicken breast and serve. You can add any accompaniments you want, the ones above are just a suggestion.
Child-friendly tip: Take some of the curry sauce off and use a blender or stick blender to ensure the onions, sugar snap peas and chickpeas are completely blended and creamy.