Apple meringue dessertFazer Willja Cooking Fraiche works amazingly in sweet desserts! Apple meringue dessert is a wonderful combination of soft cinnamon apples, oat crumble, crunchy vegan mini meringues and vanilla sauce.
- 1 dl liquid from a chickpea can
- 1 dl sugar
- 1 tl lemon juice
- 2 apples (about 250 g)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or vegan butter
- 1,5 dl rolled oats
- 0,75 dl maple syrup or other light syrup
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 package of Fazer Willja Cooking Fraiche Natural
- 3 tsp vanilla sugar
- Preheat the oven to 120 C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain the liquid from a chickpea can to a glass or ceramic mixing bowl. Whisk the liquid for a few minutes until the liquid starts to become whiter and fluffy. Add the sugar and lemon juice and keep on whisking until you have a white, creamy but light fluffy foam.
- Pipe this foam into mini meringues on the baking sheet. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the meringues are hard and crispy. Start checking the meringues after about 45 minutes of baking and bake for 5 minutes at a time until they are ready.
- Chop the apples into small pieces and cook them in coconut oil in a pan for a few minutes. Add the rolled oats, syrup, cinnamon, cardamom and salt and keep on cooking and stirring every now and then until the apples are soft.
- In a bowl, mix the Fazer Willja Cooking Fraiche with the vanilla sugar.
- Enjoy the apple crumble with vanilla sauce and mini meringues.